View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Perhaps but then you have to remember that most users haven't a clue about all these different options and nor do they want to learn some arcane programming language to use the software.
Thank God I don't have to use some arcane programming language to use Calibre or I would be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
I think it's great such options exist but I just can't see why a user needs to use them when the program could sort much of this out with a little fuzzy logic.
I love the option and the fact that it errs on the side of not making a mistake and accidentally overwriting a book using imperfect fuzzy logic.

Don't get me wrong It would be nice to have a wonderful algorithm to properly handle my mistakes or miss-edits. Right now it seems that 10% of effort has gotten us 90% improvement and the next 10% improvement in the fuzzy logic area might take a 90% effort.

I'm looking forward to your future ideas and I hope you have skills I don't to jump in and add some effort to the project.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote