View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Library Thing: EPUB Borrowing in the (Non-)English World and Can I Join?

As far as I know in the US public library system for example you are free to borrow from a wide (I mean wiiiiiiide) selection of ebooks. Almost like Amazon's full library?

Coming from Eastern Europe, all this sounds too good to be true.

The question is, in which English(or even Non-English) speaking countries you have access to such a wide range of ebooks that covers almost the full Amazon library?

Are there any options for a non-resident of any of these countries to join the library system? Or any options for an international ebook library? [Not taking into consideration straight-out ebook piracy; only legal means]

Edit: if your library has a huge EPUB selection pls. just tell me the link for its search engine so I can look up what i could/couldn't have - no, not to feed my jealousy. ;]

Edit: speaking of non-resident use: do you have to be physically present to borrow ebooks or at least be in the country?

Last edited by avid01; 10-22-2013 at 04:48 AM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote