View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you look at the information page of any printed book, it'll generally say (normally right at the bottom) something like "Printed and bound by..." with the printer's name.
I am always a little amused when I see that line or the "printed on acid-free paper" note in an ebook.

What is truly needed to declare an ebook format mature? Some publishers and some titles try to add video and audio to ebooks; does that make such ebooks more "evolved"?

I have a couple of these video hybrids. While the video features can be interesting, they don't always add much value even as they add file size. One of my video ebooks takes up close to half a gigabyte!

As said earlier, many ebook shortcomings come from shoddy production and not from the format itself.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote