View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
The problem: select all authors whose last name begins with "A".
This was already answered, but in case it's not clear, the first character after fieldname:" tells calibre what to do.
fieldname:"~ means use regex
fieldname:"= means exact match

Quote:
The first problem I incurred into is the incredible persistence of previously used searches: the first attempt I made, I accidentally wrote it with a lowercase "a" instead of the capital one. Now, there's no way to use the same expression with the correct case. No matter how I try, Calibre will always get the previous lowercase one.
1) You can delete old searches as described above.
2) FYI, searches are case insensitive
3) I dislike the search as you type option - it can be turned off in Preferences

Quote:
Another annoyance is that whatever I type in the search field after the colon ":" is interpreted as a command. So, when I try to type "author_sort:A" I end up with the "add files dialog". As soon as I remember my password, I'll open a bug for that...
Odd. I don't see this.

Quote:
Getting back to regular expression, I've used the advanced search function and the search field in the library, with the same result: nothing selected.
Here are my attempts:

author_sort:A --> I got all the authors with an "A" somewhere in their names (case insensitive)

author_sort:^A --> Empty list
author_sort:=^A --> Empty list
author_sort:"^A" --> Empty list
author_sort:="^A" --> Empty list

Putting ".+" after the cited RE does not change anything.
As above - none of those are regexes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote