View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I noticed this on another site:

"I have had my Simple Touch first edition a long time - since it was first released, but had not used it for a while (several weeks). When I tried to turn it on it power up, the screensaver image wouldn't even flicker. It would not reset either. I found this thread and almost decided that it was just no good. I tried charging it overnight several times. When I plugged the charger into the port at the bottom of the nook the light would come on and immediately turn green. I tried to connect it to my PC to see if I could see the files from my computer (in case only the screen was dead). Nope - The PC showed a USB device connecting then immediately disconnecting over and over. I finally tried to plug the charger from my NookColor into it, but it didn't fit. THEN I plugged the simple touch's charger back into it and the plug slid in just a little further. Immediately "The battery is too low to power on." message appeared. Apparently the mini USB plug (or whatever it is) can be plugged in enough to light up the lights but not enough to actually charge the battery. Once I got the plug to seat properly it charged just fine and has been working ever since. Hopefully this helps someone else. Wiggle the plug a little bit when you push it into the bottom of the Touch and make sure it goes in all the way."
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote