View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
Between Glo and Touch? Of course there is different firmware - they are different devices. Or are you saying that there is more than one version of Touch firmware, in which case I think you need to produce some evidence.
Well, there are two versions at least of the Touch. There is a post somewhere here with two or three different FCC ids for the Touch, so that implies different hardware. The difference I know of is that the earlier versions had hard-wired memory. Later models us an internal SD card. Add to that, Kobo updated the factory firmware version as they were produced. Mine has 1.9.11 on it and there were issues with this that Kobo had to solve to get past 2.0.0. Later factory firmware versions didn't have these problems.

As to the firmware, you can split it into two parts. There is the low level hardware and disk stuff that is different. But, there is the application layer, that is the same. The differences we see are in the application layer. They appear to be run-time switches rather than hard-coded differences.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote