View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #53
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
I'm grateful for this exchange because I had hoped to join in both a book club and this challenge. But it is all quite a bit to figure out in the month I've had my reader, so this makes feel much warmer/fuzzier about jumping in and constructing something suitable for me at this point.

I want to challenge myself to read and reduce my p-books while at the same time making the most use possible of my e-reader. I think 50 books for 2012 is a good start for me, since I'm just obsessive enough to want to surpass the number rather than fall short

And I want to challenge myself with a book club--reading and participating! (It's the second part that will be more difficult, I do believe.)

Thanks for the welcome and explanation given to spindlegirl; I shall warm myself in the reflected glow!

V

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Thank you and Issybird, I will happily stay in the challenge. I did not want to disrupt anything that I may have overlooked - I didn't really take it personally, but wanted to cooperate in the social construct of the challenge.

Yes, I do want to see how far I can go. I'd like to see how many e-pages I can read at least. (I find "number of titles" to be ambiguous for me as so many books are different sizes. "War and Peace" vs "The Pearl" haha) But my e-reader makes "just reading" for a few minutes here and there so desirable that it will be interesting.

Take care all!
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote