View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm definitely from the "less is best" school of thought. The first thing I try to do (and I'm not a commercial ePub designer by any means; just to be clear) is forget I've ever seen the print version. I just don't consider it very relevant (in "normal" mainly-text narratives). The ebook is its own beast and needs its own consideration. Reflow changes the game and I wish authors/publishers/customers would just accept that instead instead of fighting it tooth and nail.

So while I'm certainly not advocating a straight text-only representation, I prefer elegant simplicity: The bare minimum that will appeal to fans of typographic tradition while at the same time, not expose the constraints imposed by any particular format/renderer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote