View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #46
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
The Belgariad is one of those series that is good the first time you read it, but it is actually better when you re-read it, as you better understand what was going on in the first books that made no sense the first time through.

My recommendations are going to be Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. It is the first book in a long series, however, the first book in and of itself is a complete story, and I loved it when I read it the first time.
My second recommendation is L.E. Modesitt Jr.'s The Magic of Recluse and The Magic Engineer. Both can be read by themselves, or as parts of the larger series, and out of the books in the series I have read I liked them the best.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote