View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Mezcal View Post
Guess I'm a slacker compared with everyone else... I usually only have one major project going on at a time that I really buckle down and write. At the same time, I'll have one or two "lighter" projects that are basically receptacles for all the ideas I couldn't quite fit into my main work.
I'd change 'slacker' to 'more narrowly focused' I think there are a few different ways of writing... the "million projects all current" method that MoeJoe and I favour and the "buckle down to a single project" method seem the most common. I suspect it's largely personality-based as to what works.

Quote:
The short-novella I have on Feedbooks, Sweet Dream, Silver Screen, is such a thing - it's really just stringing together assorted characters or scenarios I couldn't quite work into my novel and giving them (hopefully) some semblance of coherence. I've got another short I'll be posting soon that's also along those lines.
Sounds interesting! I've added it to my library on Smashwords. Hopefully I'll get time to read it soon.

Quote:
Other than that, I keep tiny little black notebooks that I use to jot down ideas or snippets or character sketches that eventually may become something.
Never could do that, too scatter-brained. Oddly, little snippets of text on my laptop? No worries, that works just fine. Often I'll open one and think, "OH! THAT'S what goes in that story over there..." - like playing scrabble/jigsaws.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote