View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #21
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado View Post
Could someone explain what is going on with this image from Engadget?
The text on the nook looks all faded out except for the last line.
The layer that distributes the light across the surface is likely to reduce sharpness somewhat; Gizmodo indicates it's hardly noticeable. I will reserve judgement until I see it myself.

Quote:
The drawback is that adding an extra layer (for the light) between the ink and the surface means there's a slight loss of contrast between the print and the page. That's just physics. It's not super noticeable in the dark with the front light on, but out in the sun or in a well lit room, you'll notice it if you look closely. The screen also deflects glare in the sun a little less effectively than the old Simple Touch. But it's pretty negligible—a B&N rep confirmed, but I had to stare at both models for a few minutes under a very bright sun to see it myself.
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote