View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I can't offer too much help, but I can tell you that I use my Acer Aspire One netbook running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to manage contents of the 2 GB SanDisk SD class 4 card in my Jetbook Lite. The card was formatted on an XP desktop to "FAT" (which would be FAT16, and probably the best option for a 2 GB card) and I have no trouble uploading files to it from Ubuntu while it's in the connected JBL.

Just to make sure I removed the Patriot 16 GB class 10 SDHC card, formatted to FAT32 on the XP desktop, from my pocket camera and put it in the JBL. Files uploaded to it through the JBL with no problem.

Ubuntu uses the Debian kernal, so there may be differences. Also, the Jetboook Lite probably has internal differences from the Jetbook.

Do you have access to a computer running a different OS, even Windows, just to see if you can get the card to write?

Last edited by cromag; 01-02-2011 at 01:26 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote