Thread: Sony or iRiver?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #66
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
First of all, thanks for the answers.

@greenapple,
Well, from what I can see in your threads, you've had problems with DOC and fonts. Documents I don't care about, since I won't be using it for that. Fonts would be annoying. Has any firmware upgrade resolved your problem, or are you still facing this issue? And does it affect only a few books, or is it widespread?

@tablettweet,
Personally, I would've just gone ahead and bought the Kindle, but the problem is it's not available in this part of the world*. As for the price, the US prices are different from here. Electronics are frequently more expensive here because they have to be imported, plus their mark-up etc. The Sony Touch over here costs the equivalent of $430; the iRiver is about $300.

@ChrisC333,
Yeah, the support issue is the main reason I'm hesitating to buy the Story. Sony, obviously, have a significant presence here, but I'm not sure about iRiver.

* - I live in Dubai.
I have had problems with Sony and had to return it. If you live in Dubai you could well have problems with Sony as I dont think you are covered in the ME. I BOUGHT ONE IN Mc grudys in Abu Dhabi and it was faulty. As I returned it the following day I had no serious problems. But if you wanted to buy books to download then you could well have problems.

I am on to my third Sony reader as the Screen went funny on the 500 and could not read the tope right hand part of the screen. Apparently they had other people complaining about that.
The second one I think the software was faulty it would not load up.

The third one I had to send into be repaired as it kept on turning up to 30 pages at a time . They blamed it on a corrupted file . I also deleted all the files that were on it before I sent it off . They knew exactly what was on it
even through I might have actually deleted the book a month before it went faulty.
The I river is very clear to read whereas the Sony is not as clear it takes Adobe and Epub and txt I think so its ideal for me .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote