View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Okay. I unplugged the device about 2 hours ago. The cron job was set to add a timestamp every 10 minutes.

Connecting to the device, I see three timestamps. Two from after the power-off, one from power-on (apparently the cron job catches up).

For these two timestamps I still had the USB cable plugged in and an active ssh session. I unplugged the cable, and according to dmesg the device suspended 110 seconds later.

q.e.d.

So now I wonder: how do I wake it up during this suspend? In powerd, I see a rtcWakeUp property, which sounds promising. Anybody ever used it? I can't seem to find a value it accepts (X=0, 1, 100, 20000, all return "can only seem to set it to 0 or 1 However I am not sure what precisely" when running lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd rtcWakeup -i X).
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote