View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #583
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
For those who haven't yet discovered Phryne, you have a treat ahead. The series is set in 1928 Melbourne (and environs), with this book being set on a P&O cruise ship to New Zealand. Phryne is a wonderful character, sort of an Australian (and female) Lord Peter Wimsey, but much funnier and delightfully eccentric. The first in the series is Cocaine Blues.
Agreed. I listened to Cocaine Blues last month and enjoyed it, Phryne is a fascinating character who tackles problems head on and the narrator's voice seemed a good match for the character.

After that I needed something mindless to listen to while I packed and moved, Dresden Files fit the bill so I listened to books 8 through 10 during two weeks of torture (moving).

I just finished The Cold, Cold Ground by Adrian Mckinty. It was set during 'The Troubles' in early 80s Belfast, a blast from the past and a really well done police procedural.

Before all that I listened to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Wonderfully done story about teens living with cancer.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote