View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Angie* View Post

Now, I don't care so much that it's like that on my hard drive, because technically I should be able to just access them directly from the Calibre program as opposed to searching through my hard drive, right? Sure, except the software doesn't seem to be organizing the books at all. They seem to stay listed in the order I added them to the program from my computer. For example, if I search for a particular author, it lists all their books but they're all in random order, the series' are all mixed up, etc. I think it might just drive me bananas!
That will be because at that poijnt the sort order is the "Date Added" field! This makes a lot of sense as you are most likely to want to do something with the most recently added books. You can click on the column headers to sort by any other field. In theory when you exit Calibre it is meant to remember the last sort order that you used, but I do not have much joy with that on the latest releases although I am sure it was working at one point. As I nearly always want the default of "Date Added" it is not something I have looked at any further.

You can click on the "Tag" icon at the bottom right of the screen to get a more heirearchical view.

You can also use the Filter capability to limit the books shown to particular criteria.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote