View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, there's no way to do that. Why does it bother you? Simply ignore the files you dont care about. Sort on the date column in the device view and you will see only recently sent/created files. calibre caches metadata so only the first connect will be slow. After that, the number of files recognized as ebooks is irrelevant.
Didn't see you already replied to this type of question, but in answer to you.

It bothers me personally, because I'm clicking to see a list of Books, not over 50 other files, its just annoying.

The restrict view, is grayed out, so you can't use that.
You can't limit the scan to one folder. important if it is going to take 5min+

It was actuall quicker for me to use the free splashtop remote desktop app,
to show my PC screen on my N7, open the web address of Airdroid (also free app) and upload my books that way
than it was to physically connecty and wait for this intermitable scan, and subsuquent cluster f file list.

But whatever, no offence you do it how you like and props to you for it.
I'll prob go back to just using calibre to organise my collection only.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote