View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader_newb View Post
Hi there,

have some newbie questions regarding my newly accquired iliad 2nd edition, with firmware 2.12:

1) everytime I enable the sound, the sound just disappeared after say few
minutes of use; I've to disable and then enable sound again in the device
manager, to get sound back. is this likely a problem with the firmware
2.12 or a problem with my iliad hardware ?

2) is there anyway to adjust the brightness of the display of a iliad 2nd
edition ?

3) is there anyway to switch between Portrait Mode and Landscape mode,
at will, for any content/application on a iliad 2nd edition ? I mean Dillo web
Browser can certainly use landscape mode.

4) I've a 2GB CF card, with Re-Flashing files (/images, config.txt); do I've to
reserve it only for Re-Flashing Purposes, Or can I install other applications
and maybe put a few hundred MBs of Mp3's on it ?

answers appreciated
1) Have you installed one of the non-standard PDF readers? I seem to recall that one of them does some fancy power-saving thing that throttles back the processor speed, but shuts down sound in in the process. Others may have better answers.

2) No. You have to wait for the sun to come out!

3) Not as far as I know.

4) Yes you can use it for other stuff too. I've got all my books on the CF card, and it worked perfectly when I reflashed.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote