View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #57
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
These files (and iTunesArtwork for that matter) are already covered by the unmanifested files feature. I don't see the need to special case add functions for them.
Just like your other remark, if it is included by a tool, it would not be unmanifested.
Quote:

Right, so you had one such ePub - what would be good to know is if there are any more like that and how it got into that state. Was it a one-off manual edit of the manifest by someone. Or could it have even been somone running a "add unmanifested files to manifest" type feature from epub-fix or some other tool on it at some point. I have no idea about the books that Apple sells via its store for instance - do they all apply such an approach to their books?
I have no Idea how I got that book. I am sure that the files where not added by add unmanifested option of this plugin. But earlier edits with other tools? No Idea.
Quote:

In the 0.2.1 beta that I put up I added some code to remove from the manifest. So at least its removal will be clean.

As for losing your "official" cover - that I am less concerned about. Particularly longer term when this plugin has the ability to replace covers in the ePub.
Well, If you only have this cover, you should concern I think.
So to safely remove this file (and any unmanifested file) you should not only check manifestation, but also check every txt-based file (htm, html, xhtml, xml, ...) to look for direct links to this file.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote