View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
page-template.xpgt conversion problems in ePub

OK, I have had some issues in the ePub to ePub conversions. Several books that were originally created with adobe software are not behaving when it comes to conversion css overrides in calibre. Usually, I just delete the css stylesheet in the original ePub and this makes it all better. However, I now have an ePub that has a "page-template.xpgt" file that implements justification and margins that I don't like. I can access this file from within calibre or sigil for tweaking, but if I just delete it from the ePub, it hangs my reader after conversion. Is there a simple, quick (even if dirty) way of getting rid of this template from my ePub that allows me to apply the css override during conversion? I have put the code from the template below:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<ade:template xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:ade="http://ns.adobe.com/2006/ade" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

<fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="single_column">
    <fo:region-body margin-bottom="1.5em" margin-top="1.5em" margin-left="1.5em" margin-right="1.5em"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="two_column" margin-bottom="1em" margin-top="1em" margin-left="1em" margin-right="1em">
    <fo:region-body column-count="2" column-gap="10pt"/>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="two_column_head" margin-bottom="1em" margin-top="1em" margin-left="1em" margin-right="1em">
    <fo:region-before extent="8.3em"/>
    <fo:region-body column-count="2" column-gap="10pt"/>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="three_column" margin-bottom="0.5em" margin-top="0.5em" margin-left="0.5em" margin-right="0.5em">
    <fo:region-body column-count="3" column-gap="10pt"/>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="three_column_head" margin-bottom="0.5em" margin-top="0.5em" margin-left="0.5em" margin-right="0.5em">
    <fo:region-before extent="8.3em"/>
    <fo:region-body column-count="3" column-gap="10pt"/>

<fo:page-sequence-master>
        <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="three_column_head" page-position="first" ade:min-page-width="80em"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="three_column" ade:min-page-width="80em"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="two_column_head" page-position="first" ade:min-page-width="50em"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="two_column" ade:min-page-width="50em"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="single_column"/>
        </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>

</fo:layout-master-set>

<ade:style>
    <ade:styling-rule selector=".title_box" display="adobe-other-region" adobe-region="xsl-region-before"/>
  </ade:style>

</ade:template>
Thanks for any help.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote