View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Someone who has bought both posted a quick review in the "Which one should I buy" forum (direct link to the individual post), and they suggest there is very little to choose between the two. Hopefully he'll come back with a bit more detail and photos, but I think the little they did post was a good, balanced view.

I'd hazard a guess to say that there have been a lot more Kindle PW's sold than Glo's, and that the Kindle users seemed to have pretty high expectations, so more complaints aren't too surprising, but Amazon's quality control definitely looks very shabby in comparison to Kobo's.

If you are not happy with your Paperwhite, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the Glo shouldn't be a good alternative - going by what people have posted you might need to check you don't have any bright spots on the screen (as AndyBurns mentions) but there is far less chance of a blotchy screen.

If it was me, I'd return the PW, and give the Glo a try, just make sure you let Amazon know you aren't happy and tell them you are going to ditch it for a Kobo Glo. That'll kick them where it hurts

Last edited by soulfuldog; 10-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote