View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Mundy, Talbot: Tros of Samothrace. v1. 04 Aug. 07

I’ve assembled a number of various quotes from different sources. I read this book as 4 Avon paperbacks in the late 1960s/early 1970s, so my memory is rather vague. Now that I’m back on a Talbot Mundy kick, I look forward to reading this again.

Here are the numerous quotes to help explain this “book” titled Tros of Samothrace:

Tros of Samothrace is full of delightful, vibrant supporting characters. There are numerous battles and murders, together with incidents of conspiracy and loyalty, as Tros struggles to build his advanced ship, the Liafail, and aid the Britons against Caesar.”

“To my mind, 'Tros' is one of the great early twentieth century adventure novels; and the hints of occult powers and secret wisdom add flavor without getting in the way.”

“The four volumes were followed by Avon in 1969 with Queen Cleopatra and in 1970 with The Purple Pirate, identified as "Tros of Samothrace #5" and "...#6…”

NOTE BY ME: What I’ve put together here, available as one upload and cleaned up, made to look nice, and with links added for reader support, is most likely the first 4 books in this series. Remember, there are two more. If that IS the case, then there are 2 other titles, as indicated by the quote directly above this paragraph. If you love Mundy’s work, then this is a FEAST and is considered his masterpiece.

I hope you enjoy it, but keep in mind that this is a very long read. If you just fell down and can’t get up, AND you happen to have your Reader with you when this happened, then you should be ok until someone comes to your rescue.

OOPS: I forgot to add this explanation: For those who read Mundy, you're aware that he has a lot of footnoted material embedded in his texts. Therre are a large number of footnotes - a large number. Rather than create linked numbers that could easily have totalled about 50, I went ahead and treated it the way it is in the txt upload. A footnote is starred[*] in the text and then the footnote is very close to that original area of the text. I did impose a space break before and after each footnote withing the body of the text.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Mundy, Talbot - Tros of Samothrace.lrf (1.17 MB, 846 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-04-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote