Thread: Classic The Nook works in Germany
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGL51 View Post
I did get my Nook from the USA and was unable to register it from overseas via WiFi. Either it does not connect (onyl a few seconds and then no more) or I get an error message "try later".
- I did use username and password frommy BN account.
- Customer service is a waste of time
- I have version 1.1.1 software
- I tried from different hotels, restaurants WiFi in Spain and France.

For those of you who were successful can you describe how you did it?

(I understand technical terms but am not an expert....)

Also, in teh BN account you crreated is the address int he USA and the credit card issued in the US (billing address in USA)?

Thanks.
Just an idea: In hotels usually it's secured WiFi. Not all of that works on nook (without a bit of hacking). Try to find an "open" WiFi instead.

Concerning the account: US address, but any valid credit card (mine is frim Geemany). US IP when purchasing = VPN.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote