View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Demonstrably false by checking past threads on this issue. What *is* true is that we fall into two camps-those who believe that most of the cost of a book is in printing & distribution & those who understand that most of the cost of a book is in the writing, editing, preparation, and advertising. (Slanted word choice was deliberate-if you can't figure out what I believe then you probably shouldn't be reading this thread.)
My concept of value doesn't depend on how much someone else spends for getting it printed/storing it on their server. So all those "calculations" just don't make sense to me, except that I hope the author is getting a fair percentage.

It is a matter of what value I put on the reading material itself, and how much enjoyment I'll get from reading it.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote