View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHutton View Post
Hi @chairman
I understand your skepticism, given what you currently see on the market. It is a frustrating fact that it takes many years before emerging technology is actual available to consumers. Liquavista (recently purchased by Samsung) developed electrowetting technology in 2003, yet we are still waiting on their first generation of e-reader screens.
There are many working prototypes. I can't publish my entire source list, but here's a few links to demonstrate what I'm on about.

BBC Article & Video LIQUAVISTA 2010
MIRASOL IMOD display 2012
AEROBEE E-paper Video 2011
Can you define working prototype, please?

I ask because Bridgestone (the Aerobee video) has dropped from the market and neither Liquavista nor Mirasol have shown off a screen that size. They also won't hit mass production before late next year, so I'm not sure that you'll ever be able to build a device around one.

And I've been told that Mirasol cannot actually make a screen larger than 5.7", so I don't know why they're listed at all.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote