View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I would go with the Personal Documents method as you will get syncing of farthest page read, highlights, bookmarks, etc.
Yes, but how is that supposed to work?

Right now I appear to be unable to 'deliver' my 'personal document' to the iPhone app.

I tried again, just now. I downloaded the latest news from the Economist (thank you Calibre!) and emailed the .mobi to <my.device>@kindle.com. I can then (from the on-line Amazon/Digital_account/Manage_your_kindle service) 'deliver' the document to my kindle, or ... nothing else:

Everything's greyed out except 'my kindle' - even the 'Kindle cloud reader!

Have these features not been fully rolled out yet? Or is it supposed to 'just work'?

Quote:
If you want to sideload books to an iPhone you will need to use an application like DiskAid on your PC to be able to view and copy to the correct iPhone folder. Its a PITA and quite frankly it didn't always work right in my case.
OK, It's not just me then. I was feeling pretty stupid, and I'm generally pretty computer-savvy. (I have been programming the beasts since the 1980's...)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote