View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #456
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You might experiment with using 'Save to Disk' in the source library and then adding them to the dest library.

I believe calibre tucks copies of all columns and metadata inside the epub in some non-standard tags.
How can one view them - they don't show up the ebook-viewer metadata 'overlay', nor as far as I see in the 'book jacket' (which I don't normally have in my books) and I cant see them in the content.opf file when I open the epub in Tweak nor can I see them Sigil.

They are in the metadata.opf file in the book folder, they're 'tucked away' as entries of the form <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#columnname"....

I think the content of the embedded metadata is defined by conventions/standards, see Wiki link in my previous post. But maybe there could be something that would allow one to put custom columns into the 'book jacket' - maybe something like Generate Cover.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-27-2013 at 08:46 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote