View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #30
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Their system permits the whole sign-up process to be done online. Once I submitted my application, they emailed me that my account would become active 3 days after receipt of my State I.D. and payment of the 'fine'.
This certainly is news. I think you may have started something that will either get big, or be stopped (not that they would cancel your privilege before the year is up).

In, I think it was May, I signed up in person at the Brooklyn Public Library Gerritsen Beach Branch. The librarian told me that it had been 20 years since the last time she signed up an out of state borrower, and she knew it was 20 years because it was in her first year working there. Could you be the first out of state person to ever ask if they could mail in the identification? Or did you fax it, or email them a graphic file?

As far as getting the New York Public Library to link a Brooklyn card purchased by an out of state borrower, I don't think they will allow that, even in person. But, then, I thought that you really had to go in person to get any privileges.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote