View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #20
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
How do you know one device is better than the other if neither has been released yet? I assume you are just comparing hardware specs, right? I suspect the Kindle Fire will be the superior device because of its software: I think sofware is way more important than hardware when it comes to tablets and Amazon is and has always been a tech company and B&N not.
Yes, I was talking hardware specs. As far as the software goes, give the hackers 3 months and you can run any Android software on either unit, and all special Nook and Kindle software will be available to everybody. And the Nook would be able to run that software better than the Kindle itself.

Of course, if it is just the "out-of-the-box-experience" the Kindle will be better. I consider that to be part of good marketing. Turning a cheaper device into a good enough device. Like taking a cheap car and, because of an advanced audio and GPS system, make people feel it is a superior car.

Still, a lot of people are turned off by the Kindle's low specs.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote