View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
What I tried so far was copying the image of the internal micro SD card onto a 4GB card, then only copying the boot partition. I didn't really have any other system I could try - I hesitate to use any EB600 software, as the internals are too different (on-board memory vs. internal micro-sd).

I tried it with the SD card formatted as Ext3 as well as FAT.

I think I also tried to use the files from a Greenbook eReader, since I assume it to be a similar hardware (if not the same - certainly both are Netronix).

Now that I think about it - the data from the micro SD card doesn't include the kernel anywhere in the formatted area, does it?
So perhaps I should compile the whole kernel and put it on the SD card? Not sure if I ever tried that yet.

Hm. I guess it's time to break out the Linux VM again. Perhaps I didn't see the forest because trees were in the way all the time.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote