View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
It seems I "finally" bricked my EB600.

(Solved, see last post)

Well, I finally managed to ruin it, it seems.
I tried to use the Kobo firmware update on it.
Didn't go through well - probably because I didn't read the instructions completely - I didn't format the card for ext3...
(Note: I'm not complaining or blaming anyone aside from myself! I gambled, I lost. That's part of the game.)

I'm going to try it with a proper Kobo firmware update as soon as I get a linux running.

In the meantime, I tried to redo the Cool-Er firmware - no luck.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea what might help? Obviously, I'm willing to experiment.

(Should that device be gone forever, I'm probably going to order a Kobo. Still, I'd rather revive it. :-)

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 11-06-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Solved
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote