View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
raenedaz
raenedaz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Wow, that's a lot of books. Can I ask why you need 2,000 books on your device? Do you know how slow it will be to browse that many?

I don't know for sure but you are might be running into a limitation of the card's file system. If it is formatted as FAT (or FAT16) then I believe you can only have 512 entries in the root folder.

Files with 13 or more characters will use 3 (three) or more directory entries, this applies to FAT16 or FAT32
I keep all of my books on my reader's sd card. 16GB, the files can be copied to it fine from the calibre library folder,so I don't see why I should be stuck somewhere finishing one book and deciding I feel like starting one I haven't got on my device. I have varying tastes in reading, depending on my mood, and frequently like to reread books.

After determining that I could just transfer my files to the card through windows explorer and have them all show on my reader, the only reason I'm still trying to get Calibre to send them there is because I prefer to find books by collection, not author or title.

I will have to research what you're saying, though. I'm a tech idiot, so what do you mean by "directory entries"? Is the file name what I've named it before sending to Calibre or what Calibre has it named as in its library folder? Yes, they are different. My files are sent to Calibre with author - series # - title. In the Calibre library, they show up as author - title. I assume the metadata folder contains the series info. Is each folder within the library also considered a file?
raenedaz is offline   Reply With Quote