View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gczobel View Post
Hello,
I can not decide whether to buy an IPAD or Kindle DX.
I read about 8 books a month. 1 hour per day in bed and 2 hours per day on the train.
I have read many reviews about iPad vs. Kindle and what worries me most is the eyestrain using the iPad.
On the other hand, watching movies and reading comics in color on the train is something that attracts me.

From the IPAD I love the interface, the color and the possibility of video.
From the Kindle DX attracts me the size, and lower eyestrain.

Someone can help me decide?
Apple vs Oranges (and Apple the fruit, not the brand, lol )

Both are totally different devices.

The Apple is a tablet: has color, short battery life, kind of heavy in comparison and difficult to use outdoor.

The Kindle DXG is not a tablet but a dedicated ereader. Nice screen size for PDF, technical books or even poetry. It will give you between 10 and 20 days with just one charge. Is for reading books and does it well, so I don't understand why people compare it against tablets.

I personally can't read too long on LCD devices and if you add that to a train in movement, I am not so sure about iPad. But if you want to see videos, reading at bed or without light, maybe the iPad is better.

Can I suggest this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PO3_iqbQ8#

Not an iPad, but you can do basically the same and smaller! Is a Galaxy Tab. Battery life is not as good as Kindle DXG but you should consider it as an alternative if you want something portable. It has full Android Market and even some ports like micro SD and HDMI. I own it and really happy so far.

Last edited by jocampo; 01-25-2011 at 09:13 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote