View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #14392
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm currently reading Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior by Leonard Mlodinow (as he points out when discussing how hard-to-pronounce names affect a company's sales, his name is pronounced Ma-lah-DI-nov). What a fascinating subject tackled by a scientist with more than sufficient street cred to do it justice.

This is the book the MobileRead Book Club should have chosen for its September selection, but did anyone listen to me? It didn't even get a second!
Your subliminal messages weren't getting through. Perhaps a simpler delivery would have worked? And everyone knows they should have chosen Mythologies anyway.

I finished up South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami. An enjoyable little read.

I also finished up Storm Front by Jim Butcher. I think I should have liked this more, but I didn't. The action was good, but the jokes were tired and unfunny and I found the first half of the book just kind of dull. Brief moments that were good, but too brief.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote