View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I can state personally that they can make a strong case to an author. The case is made on many levels if they spend the time talking to you. For the beginners, it is sometimes simply, "This is what we are going to do."
If I was an author I would be more comfortable if the publisher told me they would perform a magic 'do not copy' incantation over my ebook file before they release it. An incantation is without a doubt superior to DRM schemes because like DRM it will do nothing to stop piracy, but unlike DRM it won't have the potential to irritate my paying customers if they decide to switch out their ebook reader hardware.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote