View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
Thanks for the link desertgrandma! I had decided an hour or two ago to go ahead and get another Kindle, ESPECIALLY after reading all I could about the Nook (to ME, personally, it doesn't seem to have any advantages to make me want to go with it).

I know the refurb units come with a full warranty, but do they come in brand new condition? Even at a discounted rate, I don't want a scratched unit or a half used battery. I'd rather go ahead and spend $40 more to get one without scratches and a new battery. (Consequently, I bought my iPod Nano 3 years ago as a refurb from Apple, and it's STILL working and in mint condition).

Oh, and yeah, I'm Mr. USA Today LOL! But now I have a Droid and get it free on there and it's pretty incredible on it, so the newspaper on the Kindle issue is irrelevant for me.
Many of us on here have bought a refurbished model, of the K1, k2, and dx.

I have bought two K1's which unfortunately are not available right now. However, both units were in brand new conditon, right down to the plug covers, new cords, and shrink wrapped. Both have worked perfectly.

Now.........do you use the 'call back' feature? Where you click the 'contact me' button, sign into your account, and click on 'call me back" They do that within a couple of minutes

Interesting.........I haven't come across any accents in speaking with CS...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote