View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #57
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Hi Bob,

They way i converted the bible was by writing a perl script to rip the WEB and put it back together with links to books/chapters. To change my script to output the data differently (eg for a "reading a day" format) would be fairly straightforward.

If you could define a methodology for me, I'll do the work and post a daily reading bible. What i need is a structure to work with, like maybe:

one verse from a book, a psalm, and a proverbs every day, reading straight through from front to back.

would that work? If not, give me an example of something that would and I'll see what I can do.

Elf
Can you post your Perl Script by any chance?

I'm looking for any resource in languages I know (seems like the best tool so far is python-based, and I haven't had the time yet to learn python... beyond the obvious).

Another reason for the bump... The Bible in Post #34 is great! I was actually going to do EXACTLY this as a project, but you beat me to the punch. The only issue I have is the lack of "curly-quotes." I have an incredibly simple algorithm for quote-conversion... it's not perfect but it's about 95%. I don't know of any tool that generates curly-quotes -- except my modified makelrf3.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote