Thread: Classic Why I preordered.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulia View Post
I pre-ordered. The nook is my first e-reader so I (obviously) have no heavy bias or stake in this race. So I'm also surprised by the uprising of negative nook comments. Seems rather obvious to me that if the nook doesn't suit your needs then to find something that does.

It's not like I spend all my time in the Kindle forums harassing their users.

The perfect end all, be all device does not (yet) exist. Personally lack of web browser is a non-issue to me. I love the loaning option, free B&N reading, removable battery, etc, etc. Personally I don't like the physical real estate of a keyboard on a device like the Kindle. I'm using the reader to...read, not type a thesis.

I'm new around here but I'm sensing a bit of fanboy-ism much like gaming consoles.

There does seem to be a a lot of "us vs them". I have no problems with any of the readers and whichever anyone wants to buy is good enough for me (I'm not paying for them and I get no kickbacks). I actually like the Nook but I'm still holding out for Plastic Logic.

That said, your post does come across as a little "bashy" to me because it reads as though Kindle owners (specifically) are in the Nook forum harassing its users (of which there are none yet).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote