View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #49
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hey h1uke,

Do you think you could start versioning the launchpad releases? The update files always say 0.0.1 which is misleading, and I can never tell if I have the new or old version without looking at other files.

As for the update itself, I like it. All the previous features have worked, but now there is that new status bar to confirm my actions. No longer do I have to wonder whether or not the Kindle is just being slow or if I did not press the correct key combinations.

I think that the status bar is a great idea that could be utilized across other projects too. For example, if you made it a stand alone file that could be passed arguments, many people would be able to use that for feedback. If somebody created a script to obtain the battery life in a percentage, "status Current Battery Life: $batlife" would display the actual battery life in a percentage at the bottom of the screen. This could be useful for those people wanting percentages, but also for people who want to check the progress of their Kindle charging.

Thanks man! The new update is definitely encouraging.

Last edited by kranu; 12-02-2010 at 11:57 PM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote