Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Those large, red font, printed stickers inside the microwave that say: "Danger High Voltage" should be a big hint about being careful.

Despite that, posts on the 'net can be found about people being electrocuted by those high voltage transformers.
Evidently they either couldn't read, or thought that warning label did not apply to them.

The key thing to remember, is that high voltage secondary is going to be cut away and replaced by the DIY person.
WITHOUT ANY "lets just plug it in to see if it still works" adventures. ...
I used to hook a vacuum tube audio transformer in reverse (for high-voltage step up), in series with a flashlight battery D-cell and a small buzzer, and connect the high voltage wires to my temples (next to my eyes) to see colorful "sparkles". Perhaps that explains my behavior.

Of course, that was nothing like when I woke up on the garage floor after an unknown amount of time after getting zapped by my 15KV neon-sign transformer "jacob's ladder", completely blind, with colorful pinhole "static" in the all-white visual field appearing and spreading, as vision slowly returned.

And those are extremely tame compared to many of my "near death" adventures.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-29-2012 at 04:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote