View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lporter View Post
In an attempt to fix my completely wiped (serial, board ID and all) Paperwhite, I am trying to modify amazon's u-boot source to have the RAM initialisation hardcoded.

However, I am running into issues. While I can get u-boot to compile easily, whenever I try to actually load the u-boot.bin file, I get errors. With mfgtool, I get a "The handle is invalid., Error code:6"" error. When I try to use imx_usb_loader, it tells me:

Spoiler:
Code:
parse mx50_usb_work.conf
15a2:0052(KindleTouch) bConfigurationValue =1
Interface 0 claimed
report 1, wrote 16 bytes, err=0
report 3, read 4 bytes, err=0
read=56 78 78 56
u-boot.bin

unknown load address
report 1, wrote 16 bytes, err=0
report 3, read 4 bytes, err=0
read=56 78 78 56

Other, pre-compiled u-boots work perfectly. I assume I have made some sort of silly error that has caused a load address to be omitted in the header of the file.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
I hardcoded my PCBSN and SERIAL with a custom u-boot, to debrick a K4 with corrupted idme vars. Somebody else here, with my guidance.

For compiling tips, check out some of the early links in the simple debricking sticky thread (with links to posts from yifanlu and eureka, I think) that suggests what flags to set when compiling u-boot.

EDIT: Ahh... Nevermind! I see after reading more posts in this thread that eureka already provided a link to such information. Sorry!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote