View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
guma
Connoisseur
guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
I'm just not sure if I remember this correctly or not, but I thought I saw something somewhere about not being able to follow footnote hyperlinks on Kobos. I download the NY Times via Calibre every day and need to be able to use hyperlinks to navigate between articles and sections. Will I be able to do this on a Kobo Glo?
Technically it works on my device (Kobo Touch with latest firmware) ... with the big caveat that, assuming you are using normal font sizes, it is VERY hard to hit a footnote link with the accuracy required to activate the hyperlink. Most of the time the dictionary will pop up instead. Thus hyperlinks work technically and in theory but are ergonomically more or less dysfunctional as far as footnotes are concerned.
You may have more success though with hyperlinks presenting a larger target like article titles ...
guma is offline   Reply With Quote