View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitcalf View Post
I have the same problem. Books transferred with Calibre take a long time to open on the Reader and frequently cause it to crash. If I send the same book using the Sony s/w it opens immediately and no crashes. I am using a UK Reader with the latest firmware. I suspect the Sony Lib s/w is doing some kind of conversion in the transfer?
It is doing indexing not a conversion. If the index doesn't exist when Sony opens the book for the first time it will index it.

Are you sure it "crashed"? Perhaps you just weren't patient enough to wait for it to finish indexing. It only takes a minute or so for your average size book.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote