View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's true but, on the other hand, a lot of the stuff that's in the BC files is there to "put right" the reformatting that BD does when you load a file, such as breaking lines after a ".", even if that "." is part of an abbreviation like "Mr.". That reformatting isn't done when you paste text into BD, so those "fixes" are unnecessary.

The only thing that "breaks" when you paste into BD is that em-dashes get converted into hyphens, so before I paste, in the source material I replace em-dash by "--" and then, after pasting, replace "--" by em-dash in BD.
I'll have to give it a try and see if anything actually breaks other then emdashes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote