Thread: Troubleshooting AZW3 mailing - explanation needed
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
How do you create a "dual" AZW3? As far as I know you can only create dual mobi files, not dual azw3.
Unless I'm completely mistaken, AZW3 simply (generally) means "KF8 only". AZW (generally) means "KF7 only". And MOBI can be anything, KF7 or KF8, or a combination of both, or even non-digital-restrictions-management-infected pure original mobi. As far as I'm aware, Kindles will happily read all of these. In other words: the file extension shouldn't really matter, but the safest bet is to simply go with ".mobi".

But as said, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not entirely sure.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote