View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #57
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
In have to agree with the people who suggest that online book buying has doomed the brick and mortar stores. Long before I started reading eBooks I was buying most of my books online. The hard backs were half what you paid in the stores and I always got free shipping too.
Same for me, but it wasn't completely about price for me. The only stores I have/had semi-convenient access to were chains like B&N and Borders (& Walden and B Dalton earlier on). It's those stores and the lack of them ever having what I went in looking for (often newly published books) that drove me to make my first Amazon purchase in the late 90's. This slowly led me to shift much of my book shopping (& by extension some other shopping) to Amazon. They were always nice enough to offer to order the book for me, but I'd then have to go back and pick it up once they got it in. I could order from Amazon and not only have it delivered, but get a discount. They could have easily saved those sales, despite the higher prices, by offering to not only order it for me, but to have it delivered to my house.

I like the idea of stores like Uncle Hugo's & Uncle Edgar's, but I have to find the time to go out of my way and make a special trip. I generally just don't have time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote