View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #602
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I am nearly finished with Brothers in Arms by Lois McMaster Bujold as well. I am enjoying listening to the Vorkosigan series more than actually reading it and I might get another one soon. If I don't get sidetracked by other books, that is.
Finished it and liked it enough to continue the series, but not right now as I got sidetracked by other stuff.

Also finished The Disappeared by Kristine Kathryn Rusch, the first book in her Retrieval Artist series. It was read by Jay Snyder who did a fine job. The book is a science fiction/mystery crossover set on a Moon base. I really like Rusch's writing and will certainly come back to her stuff.

Right now, I am listening to Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I read the book years ago and liked it quite a bit. This one is not only read by Gaiman himself (who is a great narrator), it is also "the author's preferred text", so I think it must be a bit different from the paperback I also own. I am enjoying it a lot so far. It is the story of a man who "loses" his life after helping an injured young woman he found in the street. He discovers a whole new world different from his own in London "below".

I also listened to A Study in Emerald, Gaiman's Sherlock Holmes pastiche, also read by the author. Really nice too.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote