View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

iSilo fixes? Hope springs eternal...

Just tried the new beta a bit...

I really like iSilo and iSiloX, but the beta still doesn't fix several irritating problems!

It still doesn't have the ability to alphabetize the document listing (at least on the Mac side of things; don't know about the Windows version). It's a real drag copying and pasting entries manually to get things in order. It'd also be nice if double-clicking on the link/URL of a source would show it instead of having to control-click to get a one-item Edit menu and then having to select that to finally get to the listing! I'm often checking on my sources--going to the actual web site to see why something isn't quite working right and this is a nuisance.

Here are some other "nit-picks". The Mac version doesn't follow Mac user interface guidelines. One can't select a group of channels in the desktop window using click and drag. Shift-click should select a group, but doesn't, instead selecting individual files. Having to click each one, one at a time, is a real drag.

The iSiloX desktop needs a "Find" command. When using the Mobile Read wonderful but massive list of usable links, one would like to be able to search for a particular site or phrase. Right now, that's impossible!

There also should be an option to batch change the image settings... it seems you can change other settings for multiple documents, but not images! I'd also like to be able to batch delete a set of file destinations, but that's not possible either.

These are long-standing problems, but my complaints are on the margin as iSilo still does its basic job well.