View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #868
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
i went to changing background color today...it looks like benetton shop...could we get some old papers color, or something like this for background...i've found that any solid color in ipad looks strange, at least for me..i would like to see some "imperfect color" like an old book, an old newspaper, or such, it makes my reading much pleasurable..i hope i'm not alone in this...as much as ipad has a perfect screen, reading books on it is still slightly unnatural for me, because all those variations of beige, yellow or brown or orange backgrounds are screaming at my eyes...we need something to soften up boring plain colours, something with wrinkles and such..
+1

I don't know how difficult it is to get extra background images, but textured is definitely more natural.

I also think the page turn animation is cool - the one with the wobbly page and it changes shades and such... I used it to convince some of my more "hidebound" friends that an ereader can be just like a book!! It is important to have A transition, and if the page flip can be accomplished without bogging down the app then I'm all for it. However, no matter how cool it is, it is just a gimmick. If it slows down the app then I change it to a less CPU intensive transition, like slide.