View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Annetteg
Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Thwarted again/Geo restrictions

I love ebooks, before I got my Sony Reader our house was so full of books you could hardly see the floor, the bookcases were long since filled!

Yesterday, I wanted to buy The White Road by Lynn Flewelling as an ebook. (I already have it in paperback, but I hurt my shoulder and the ebook reader is more comfortable to hold at the moment.) So yes, I would have been buying the book twice if I could.

But even though the paperback is available to UK buyers, it seems the ebook isn't. I've lost count how many ebook sites I've tried, but I couldn't get an ebook copy because of where I live.

I know there are lots of different reasons for this, such as the author/agent hasn't signed for other territories or the taxes are different so the shops don't want to get involved etc.

That's all well and good, but as a reader it leaves me frustrated that I can't get the ebooks I want and am willing to pay good money for.

I'm a writer too and all the ebook publishers I've chosen, I have signed contracts for worldwide rights. Unfortunately, some shops don't seem to care and restrict the ebooks once on their site. I can't even buy a copy of my own ebooks on B&N for example. Some shops have even added DRM when the publisher hadn't and I hadn't signed anything that said they would have DRM.

Anyway, back to buying The White Road. Is there anyway I could buy this ebook anywhere? I'm at the pulling hair out stage at the minute

take care,
Annette
Annetteg is offline   Reply With Quote